You really can learn how to draw.
From stick figures to still life drawings in 17 hours of drawing lessons!
It is a lot easier than you might think to learn to draw. You can banish those stick figures!
Drawing lessons are really about teaching people to see their world in a new way. I work with people age 5 years of age through adult, giving detailed drawing instruction that gives you new access to seeing, processing, recording and communicating about your world visually.
Learning to draw is often a life long dream, and most people can draw quite realistically with quality instruction. Not only am I thrilled to get to help you go beyond those basic stick figure drawings, I truly believe that having a creative outlet and means to express your experience of the world is invaluable for each and every one of us!
Learning to draw will:
- foster your ability to sequence, organize and plan;
- build creative problem solving skills;
- bridge communication gaps;
- enable you to be more present and observant in your daily life;
- help you to slow down and enjoy the little things in life;
- give you a practice in which to experience the “flow state”: energized focus, full involvement and enjoyment of an activity;
- enhance small and gross motor skills;
- develop areas of your brain that will enable you to think more like a visionary than a worker bee.
I wanted to be sure I gave my son a chance to give me feedback in private, but before we were even out the door he said the lesson was “the funnest thing ever.” Thank you. It was a pleasure to meet you.” -Susan, Lawyer/Mom of 10 year old after his first lesson
Laurie has been a wonderful teacher who has given me basic skills in drawing. Laurie is a patient teacher. She is an inspiring teacher. She is a teacher who also stretches her students, helping them discover more about themselves. I can now draw! I continue to be a student of Laurie’s and look forward to each coming lesson.” – John Kinnaird, Business Owner/Dad, private lessons for himself & 8 year old son for 1.5 years +